IS IT ANXIETY?
Anxiety is the most common mental health disorder, and can effect anyone at any phase of their life.
YOUR BODY’S RESPONSE TO STRESS
Symptoms of anxiety are caused by your body’s natural response to stress. Your need to protect or defend. Also known as the “fight or flight” response. Circumstances, both seen and unseen, can lead us to feeling nervous, fearful, or the need to ‘put up a fight.’
If your feelings are severe, are interfering with your activities of daily life, and last longer that three months, you may have an anxiety disorder.
Everyone Experiences Anxiety Differently
Do you constantly feel overwhelmed, not being able to calm your thoughts, feeling like your entire life has been taken over —but you’re not exactly sure why or by what.
• People just seem to irritate you, you may find yourself often angered or agitated
• You find yourself crying, sometimes uncontrollably
• Feeling restless, often unable to sit still, like you’re just ‘on edge’ a lot of the time
• Unable to sleep, or even sleeping too much to avoid ‘life’
• You worry a lot and can rarely seem to find a solution to resolve your worries
• There are times when you notice yourself breathing rapidly, and your rapid breathing may include chest pains
• Because you often feel overwhelmed, you have difficulty concentrating or staying focused
• You may even avoid social situations because the increase in environmental stimulation only makes your feelings worse
Everyone experiences anxiety differently. There is no common ‘look’ to it.. We will talk about the symptoms you are experiencing, determine if it is anxiety, and them come up with a plan to get you to feeling and functioning better. The feelings can be extremely debilitating, but do not have to be. Let’s make it better.
Helping You To Overcome The Pain
Is your life being adversely affected by feelings of anxiety? Let’s talk…