ELANA DUNN, LPC, CPCS
Life can bring challenges that at times feel like just too much to sort through or overcome on your own. It brings great fulfillment to me to be a part of helping you to move beyond pain – beyond overwhelming stress – beyond not knowing -– beyond feeling confused.
Helping You Feel & Function Better
Walking WITH you through the tunnel, all the way to the other side, I learned long ago, is what I was called to do. I am humbled to be able to help you, and to have helped those whose hands I have held through many walks.
Over the past 22 years, my devotion has never wavered. Helping you to gain peace, direction, feeling whole, safe and secure, and a gaining a life anew fuels my professional intentions. My sweet late grandmother told me, “leave the world better than how you found it,” and with each person I serve, that is my quest.
As I work with individuals, each person is wonderfully unique, and requires their own unique approach. Working from the frameworks of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Positive Psychology, and Solution-Focused Therapy, I create a therapeutic plan that fits YOU.
My Therapeutic Style
Clients over the years have described me as “you keep it real,” warm, honest, trustworthy, genuine, transparent, humorous, a teacher, and able to quickly move them forward. I am a mother, daughter, and sister. I’m also an Introvert, and if you don’t know what this really means, let me warn you now that is does not mean I am shy — I’m quite the opposite of shy. I enjoy alone time, as it is peaceful, introspective, and allows me to rejuvenate to be the best I can be when working with you.
During our live-video virtual sessions, I tend to share my own experiences that relate to what you are dealing with. This seems to really help clients know that I can relate from the inside, and I’m not just spouting out stuff from a textbook. It’s called therapeutic self-disclosure. Having lived a full life thus far, I have lots of experience, stories, that you may be able to relate to.
These Are Few of My Favorite Things
- My favorite color is eggplant purple
- I love COOKIES!
- I’m currently building a tiny house (…and hope to be done very soon 😉 )
- My iPhone playlists are mostly Neo-Soul music. i enjoy the chill-back soulful vibe
- I love COLOR (as evidenced by this website 😎 )
- I’m a Military Brat and moved around my entire time growing up. I’ve lived in Germany twice and nine different States.
- Being on social media is one of my favorite pass-times, and you’ll see lots of content coming through as a result
- I most enjoy working with clients who are dealing with relationship struggles, anxiety, and depression. I also have a passion for people dealing with psychosis (such as types of Schizophrenia or Severe Bipolar Disorder); but I don’t do that later type of work online.
- Late night weekend fun for me is Netflix and my MacBook Air!
..and Here Are Some Other Things You Might Find Interesting
Memberships & Affiliations
- Licensed Professional Counselor Association of Georgia
- International Society of Mental Health Online
- Girl Scouts of Northwest Georgia – Alumni Member
- Delta Sigma Thera Sorority, Incorporated
- Breast Cancer Survivor since 2014 (that’s sort of like a kind of club)
- Be My Eyes – Volunteer
Licenses & Certifications
LPC – Licensed Professional Counselor (Georgia – LPC003650) – 2002
CPCS – Certified Professional Counselor Supervisor – (LPCGA – CPCS569) – 2014
Auburn University at Montgomery – Bachelor of Arts (Human Communication) – 1994
Montana State University Northern – Master of Education (Counseling & Development) – 1999
University of the Rockies – (currently in 2nd year towards PhD)